Saturday, March 20, 2010

Foodgasm - Savoury Cheesy French Toast and Brisket Sandwich

I need to write this one up quick before my foodgasm wears off - I am literally tingling and full beyond comprehension. I was debating after a long day of working on my new website what to eat, and as usual crowdsourcing on The Twitter rules the day.

"French toast or brisket?" Love my foodie peeps! Bonita and Vicky to the rescue! Savoury French Toast and Brisket Sandwich, dont mind if I do! These ladies are serious, and their opinions should be heeded.

Okay, okay, enough with the story lets get on with the recipe.

Savoury Cheesy French Toast and Brisket Sandwich AKA The Foodgasm
Day old challah (from Harbord bakery, of course) or similar brioche type bread
3 extra large eggs
35% whipping cream
Grana Podano
Smoked salt
Hot paprika
Cumin
Tumeric
Habanero flakes
Chipoltle tobasco
1 package of @BusterRhinosBBQ's Ontario famous smoked brisket!

  • Combine and stir all ingredients, and use your judgement with the spices and level of heat. I went heavy as I wanted a serious "from hell" kick to allow the smokiness of the brisket to be combatted and complimented. 
  • Soak the bread for 20 minutes
  • While soaking heat the brisket as per the instructions. Darryl's brisket is a boil in bag and takes 8 minutes from frozen.
  • Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a pan and cook the toast until nicely browned.
  • Assemble and enjoy, but be sure you dont have to go anywhere as you likely will not want to move for a long time after this pure decadence. 
Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer

5 comments:

  1. Again. Oh. My. Goodness. What a most excellent combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mMmmmm. needs a complimentary side... but not too heavy... maybe something like this: http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jan/06/food/la-fo-toptenrec4-2010jan06

    hah.. love the countertop too... is that too random?

    ReplyDelete
  3. NICE!! Wonder what it'd be like on my mom's Challah?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're speaking my language. Where's you follow button? Sandwiches like this are what make the world a better place. I'd be honored to have you visit my blog. Awesome, Keri (a.k.a. Sam)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mardi!

    Now Madalina, why do you have to go ruin it with vegetables?? ; )

    Sarah, are you offering moms challah, you know ill take it anytime!!

    Hi Keri aka Sam, thank you so much! I will for sure check out your site.

    ReplyDelete